Work Groups and Partnerships
North Carolina Families United, Inc.
Federation of Families Children's Mental Health -
Statewide Family Network
firstname.lastname@example.org Lana Dial V: 919.233.7478 E: email@example.com
***No meeting will be held on May 24th***
Our next State Collaborative meeting will be on Friday May 31, 2013 from 9am till 11am at The Southern Human Services Center located 2501 Homestead Rd, Chapel Hill, NC 27516 - Room D. These are open meetings. ALL are welcome!
Click Here for directions to The Southern Human Services Center.
Please Take The System of Care Community Survey
The NC Collaborative for Children, Youth, and Families is conducting a statewide survey of System of Care practices, implementation, and training across all child-serving systems in NC. We are asking for about 20 minutes of your time to help us understand what System of Care means to you and your family or organization and how it is being implemented, as well as the challenges experienced in implementation. Your input is very important to us.
There are 2 links below. The first is for Agencies and Organizations and Local Community Collaboratives. If you are a Family Partner, family member, or youth who is affiliated with an agency or organization, please respond using the Agency and Organization link. The second link is for Families and Youth. If you are a family member or youth who is NOT affiliated with an agency or organization, please respond using the Family and Youth link.
Links to surveys:
AGENCIES AND ORGANIZATIONS: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/agency-organization
FAMILIES AND YOUTH: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/family-youth
ONLINE SYSTEM OF CARE TRAININGS LAUNCHED!
The North Carolina Collaborative Training Institute is pleased to offer a full-range of high-quality online courses in System of Care and Child and Family Teams. These courses will empower you to improve outcomes for youth and families. Through these trainings, you will:
- Learn about System of Care principles and practices,
- See how Child and Family Teams should operate, and
- Gain knowledge, power and respect to strengthen families and improve lives.
The NCCTI online program offers courses that are powerful, convenient, high-quality, comprehensive, and state-approved.
Log on and register for online training today: http://www.nccti.org/
Children, youth and families are healthy, safe and successful at home, in school and in their communities.
The North Carolina State Collaborative for Children and Families, through a System of Care
framework, provides a forum for collaboration, advocacy and action among families, public
and private child and family serving agencies and community partners to improve
outcomes for all children, youth and families.
What is the State Collaborative for Children and Families?
The State Collaborative:
- Provides a forum for the discussion of issues regarding how agencies and families can work together to produce better outcomes for children and families a "place" where decision makers from agencies can come to work collaboratively to better meet the needs of children and families.
- Develops recommendations regarding the coordination of services, funding, training and local reporting requirements to eliminate duplication and make the system more consumer friendly.
- Includes representatives of a range of state and local agencies, families and advocates.
- Provides support for local Collaborative and Child and Family Teams.
- Leadership: Libby Jones, co-chair, family member, North Carolina Families United and co-chair (tba).
- Family Members
- Agency representatives from Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities, and Substance Abuse Services (MH/DD/SAS), Division of Social Services (DSS), Department of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (DJJDP), Exceptional Children's Branch at the Department of Public Instruction (DPI), Medical Assistance and the Governor's Crime Commission, Administrative office of the Courts, Public Health
- Professional Associations
- Private Providers
- Advocacy Groups
- Representatives from local collaborative groups
Meeting Time and Place
The State Collaborative meets on the second and fourth Fridays of the month from 9:00am-11:00am at the Southern Human Services Center 2501 Homestead Road Chapel Hill, NC 27516.
- The small working group focuses on tasks at hand and local issues. Meetings are held the second Friday of each month.
- The large group meets on the fourth Friday of each month which is reserved for reports and presentations.
- Location of both meetings is subject to change. Contact Libby Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.